Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Food. (Egg rolls posted in this one) :)

Food is awesome and I love love love love love to cook it!! I love to cook Laos, Thai, Korean, American, and basically any dishes that just taste good to me! I love to try new foods and try new recipes. I love to also just make up my recipes as I go. If I don't know how to get a recipe, then I will just taste the ones that I order from the restaurants and try to get the recipe off of the flavors that I am tasting in my mouth. Cooking is sometimes calming for me. I LOVE to cook for my family and friends. Feeding their bellies and seeing them satisfied is a great feeling for me. :) And so, as you are now reading my blogs, I figured I might as well show you pictures of what I love to cook and what I love to eat. I will either post pictures of what I have cooked or what I have ordered somewhere or I will just post a review of the foods from a certain establishment. I am no way in any means a food critic but I am a foodie by my standards! HAHA

So, these pictures that I post could be what I am making now or what I have made before and I just wanted to showcase them on here. Please let me know if there are any recipes you would like for me to try out :) I will maybe post a recipe here or there, BUT most of them I will probably just list ingredients but I can't say how much of what I put. I hardly measure. That's how I was taught LOL just a lil bit of this and a lil bit of that. I do apologize! But at least you can enjoy the pics!

My first foodie that I would like to post are "Egg Rolls" Love them, love them, love them. So much cheaper and better to make it homemade than purchase at a restaurant. My recipe is based off of my mom's recipe but I just tweaked it a bit to my tastes. In one of the pics, I also have a picture of my Crab Rangoons. These are just a tad better than most restaurants. Who am I kidding? These are WAY better than most restaurants. Just saying... haha


EGG ROLLS
(left side: Vietnamese style wraps & right side: Laos style wraps)

Egg Rolls and Crab Rangoons


My Egg Rolls are very easy and simple to make but full of flavors! I can't say how much of what I put, but I can tell you what goes in it!

Ingredients:
Ground Pork
Carrots
Onions
Clear Rice Vermicelli Noodles (aka Glass Noodles aka Long Rice (known as such in Hawaii)
Salt
Sugar
Msg
Black Pepper
Milk
Eggs

That's it! After the noodles are soaked and cut, carrots are grated, onions are chopped, then you mix everything together and you roll, roll, roll! Then just deep fry it to a golden brown. :)

The Vietnamese style is still used with the same filling but I just use Spring Roll Wraps instead and deep-fry them. For the Laos style wraps I like to use the regular egg roll wraps in the blue and clear packaging. Note: These wraps are not the same as the chinese-style wraps. Those are a lil more doughy. I prefer the ones we've always used. Light and crispy. (You can kind of notice the packaging of the wraps in the laos-style wraps picture) I will try to post a pic of the packaging next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment